1. Accreditation/ Credit hours to be awarded will be the sole discretion of the Himachal Pradesh Medical Council depending upon the subject matter, Status of the speaker, Quality of the papers to be presented in the C.M.E. / Conference.
2. The Association/ Organization will apply to the Himachal Pradesh medical council on a simple application by the Organizing Secretary. The application should be accompanied by the complete programme of the C.M.E. / Conference including the names and designation of the speakers and the subject of speech.
3. Ordinarily the duration of the C.M.E. should be more than the 2 hours.
4. Credit hours will be based on the composition of the faculty participation, quality of the contents of the subject matter and feed back from the delegates (On specified Performa).
5. Minimum credit hours granted to each C.M.E. shall be one hours for the organizing of C.M.E’s for two hours. In the application sent to the Himachal Pradesh medical council, the minimum duration given to each speaker should also be mentioned along with the topic of the lecturer while applying for the credit hours.
6. Associations/ Organizations should strictly issue the certificate to the delegate who has attended the C.M.E. In some cases it has been observed that the certificates are distributed on the first day at the time of Registration for the C.M.E. / Conference. This practice should be taken care of. The certificates be distributed/ awarded only on the last day.
7. Associations/ Organizations will be duty bound to send the feedback of the delegates and the list of the delegates who have attended the C.M.E./Conference. A separate list for the delegates belonging to State of Himachal Pradesh and delegates of the other states be submitted to the Himachal Pradesh medical council.
8. In case it is found that the certificate is false one than the issuing Association/ Organization will be debarred for future accreditation.
9. Any professional organization or body or institution making to hold CME.’s should apply for accreditation to the Himachal Pradesh medical council. The council on verifying the credentials of the organization will give certificate of accreditations to those bodies to hold CME’s.
10. The organization like IMA/ professional bodies who hold regular monthly meeting will issue a CME credit certificate at the end of every year to its members specifically stating how many credit hours were acquired by each members for that year. These certificates will be issued on the prescribed Performa approved by the Himachal Pradesh Medical Council.
11. Accredited bodies like IMA/ professional bodies which hold regular CME’s will have to inform the Himachal Pradesh medical council, the date of the CME, at least 15 days in advance,
so that the Himachal Pradesh medical council can send observer to the CME meeting.
1. International conference of professional bodies.
2. National conference of professional bodies.
3. IMA, Distt. Level, State Level, National Level & IMA academy.
4. State Level Conference of National & International Organizations.
5. Professional bodies of repute functional at District, City, State Level eg. Physician Forum/ Surgeons Forum/ Doctors Forum etc. in their areas/ specialties and superspecialties.
6. Internet CME having international accreditation.
7. Subscription to the indexed national/ international journal will entitle the doctors to five (5) CME credit hours per year for each journal subject to a maximum of ten (10) hours per year. Member of professional bodies who receive journal as a part of their membership should give proof of membership of the professional bodies.
8. CME/ workshop/ training programme conducted by Medical College Teaching Institutions/ professional organizations.
9. Speakers at any conference/ CME/ Workshop/ training programme will be given one credit hour per talk in addition to the credit hours allotted for that particular academic activity.
10. Former members and present members of Himachal Pradesh medical council will be deputed to attend the C.M.E.’s as observer by the Himachal Pradesh medical council and will be given certificate of attendance.
11. The list of the delegates who attended the CME should be sent from the Organising Secretary of the CME/ Conference alongwith a CD of the CME.
1. Credit hours to the C.M.E. organized will be credited on the basis of the quality of subject matter and the status of the speakers delivering the lecturer during the C.M.E.
2. Postgraduate diploma/ certificate courses will be given credit hours in case the diploma/ certificate issuing institute has awarded the credit hours and credit hours have been mentioned in the certified of such diploma/ certificate.
3. The organizations holding the Conferences will be given credit hours as per the schedule of the conference and the guest papers/ scientific session to be held in the conference.
Two hours CME : 1 credit hour
Half day CME : 2 credit hour
One day conference : 4 credit hours
Two day conference : 8 credit hours
Three day conference : 12 credit hours
Doctors claiming the credit hours will be required to submit the Certificate of attendance.
4. The doctors may attend the International C.M.E.’s/ Conferences held overseas as delegates. On the production of the certificates of attendance. CME credit hours will be given on the same pattern as for National Conference.
5. Subscription to the indexed national/ international journal will entitle the doctors to five (5) CME credit hours per year for each journal subject to a maximum of ten (10) hours per year. Member of professional bodies who receive journal as a part of their membership should give proof of membership of the professional bodies.
6. Internet CME – as per the credit in the certificate.
7. Any paper published in indexed National/ International Medical journal will entitle the author/ co‐author doctors to five (5) hours of CME credit hours.
8. Doctors working as medical teachers can claim 4 C.M.E. credit hours per year on production of certificate from their head of institution that they are taking under graduate/ postgraduate classes and are engaged in post graduate research work.
9. Doctors working in Govt. Sector/ Private Sector under going refresher courses from time to time can claim credit hours on the recommendation of the head of institute as per the norms mention in clause 3.
10. Doctors doing Post Graduate courses e.g. Diploma, M.D., M.S., D.N.B., M.Ch., D.M., Fellowships, Memberships etc. from recognised/ reputed institutions in India or abroad will get 10 credit hour per year for the duration of the courses.
e.g. One year 10 credit hour
Two Year 20 credit hour
Three year 30 credit hour as so on.
11. Any chapter published in a test book or update book published by professional bodies will entitle the author/ co‐authors doctors to ten hours of CME credit hours.